2.0mm Pitch Wafer Connector SMT H6.4 For Printed Circuit Board
Connector pin holder, also known in the industry as header or wafer, is a connector that is mounted on a printed circuit board and needs to be soldered to the circuit pin.
Common connector pin holders are: no cover base (for example: row needle structure), cover base (common wafer type), friction lock type.
Environmental performance Common environmental performance includes temperature resistance, humidity resistance, salt spray resistance, vibration and impact.
(1) At present, the highest working temperature of the connector is 200℃(except for a few high temperature special connectors), and the lowest temperature is -65℃. When the connector is working, the current generates heat at the contact point, resulting in a temperature rise. Therefore, it is generally considered that the operating temperature is equal to the sum of the ambient temperature and the temperature rise of the contact point. In some specifications, the maximum allowable rise of connectors at rated operating current is specified.
(2) The invasion of moisture resistance will affect the insulation performance of the connection H and rust the metal parts. Constant humidity and heat test conditions are relative humidity 90%~95%(according to product specifications, up to 98%), temperature +40±20℃, the test time according to product regulations, at least 96 hours. Alternating wet - heat tests are more rigorous.
(3) When the salt spray resistant connector works in the environment containing moisture and salt, the metal structure parts and the surface treatment layer of the contact parts may produce electrochemical corrosion, affecting the physical and electrical properties of the connector. To evaluate the ability of electrical connectors to withstand this environment, a salt spray test is prescribed. It is the connector hanging in the temperature controlled test box, with a specified concentration of sodium chloride solution with compressed air ejected, the formation of salt fog atmosphere, its exposure time by the product specification, at least 48 hours.
(4) Vibration and impact resistance to vibration and impact is an important performance of electrical connectors, in special application environments such as aviation and aerospace, railway and road transportation is particularly important, it is an important indicator of the robustness of mechanical structure and electrical contact reliability of electrical connectors. There are specific provisions in the relevant test methods. Peak acceleration, duration and impact pulse waveform, as well as the time of electrical continuity interruption shall be specified in the impact test.
(5) Other environmental performance according to the requirements of use, other environmental performance of the electrical connector and sealing (air leakage, liquid pressure), liquid immersion (resistance to vice of a specific liquid), low pressure, etc..